Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cupcake Gourmet

Disclaimer: this post is to appease Heather.

Once upon a time I wrote on this blog.  Go figure.

I bought a book called Hello, Cupcake, and because I'm a crazy person, I became obsessed.  Therefore, I HAD to make cupcakes for something.  The choices were between my boss's birthday and Amy's graduation party, and seeing as my boss wasn't going to be here on her birthday, Amy happily won.  And because I'm crazy, I couldn't just make regular cupcakes.

These were all of the cupcakes (and yes, some people had snuck a couple by the time I took this!)


This is a homemade chocolate cupcake with salted caramel frosting and a hard caramel candy swirl on top.  The caramel took a little doctoring, but that just makes me feel like it's my own.  And the candy took two tries, but it was yummy!


This is a strawberry cupcake with a vanilla buttercream frosting and a GRADUATION CAP on top!  It's just a Reese's miniature upside-down, an After-Eight mint, and a Twizzler pull-n-peel.  Everyone super loved them, including Jay's adorable son Aiden, who tried to shove some in my mouth.


Amy was the cupcake server, and as you can see, they went super fast!  I ate a strawberry one, but I think the chocolate ones were popular too.


So when my friend Amanda had a grad party, I made some for her too!  These are brownies with caramel frosting and the graduation caps with "SBU" on top (Stony Brook University!).  Caramel + chocolate = Delicious!

Get ready for me to make you some DELICIOUS cupcake creations when I get back!  Miss you all, and happy to bring you your sweet tooth confection of the day!

-Courtney

5 comments:

  1. I win.

    And they look so good. I demand cupcakes sometime this year. My demand should be met.

    I love the pictures btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make some of these for me as a belated 21st birthday present, I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea I'm already brainstorming alcohol themed cupcakes and trying to figure out who to make them for. It may just be your lucky day

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you created cupcakes that could also get me drunk, i would never again ask you for anything (except those cupcakes)

    ReplyDelete