Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lobster Fun!

Hey Everyone!

Sorry for not posting in forever, but I've been lazy/busy. This past weekend I was in Boston visiting Mike. He has been on this quest to make me do New Englandey things like going to Fenway, picking cranberries, speaking in an obnoxious accent, etc.


Last night we were trying to decide what to do for dinner and he insisted that we boil our own lobsters. I was thrilled, because I've only had the opportunity to eat lobster once before, and he was paying for it!

In case you were wondering, the lobster with the white rubber bands is Bob and the one with red bands is Horjay :-)

Making the lobster was really easy; all we did was bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil (large enough so that each lobster could be completely submerged)and cook the lobsters for about 12 minutes! We dipped ours in melted garlic butter but the lobster was so sweet it really didn't need a dressing.

The lobster dinner was a huge success and really fun to make together; absolutely a splurge and absolutely worth it!

Much Love,

Di

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREA!! WOOHOO Miss you, can't wait to see you and celebrate...live it up :-)







3 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHA THAT PICTURE IS SO FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE THEY ALIVE WHEN YOU COOKED THEM??

    That would scare me and make me sad at the same time. Also, I don't appreciate you cooking things that share a name with my boyfriend :p it makes me think you don't like him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, of course they were alive, the fresher the better! And thanks for the birthday shout out, I feel so special :)

    And I'm going to a place called Beer Run tomorrow, there will be a blog post about it.

    ReplyDelete