Monday, May 24, 2010

Grilled Pineapple and Chicken Skewers

Hey Ladies!

I figured that I should probably get my act together and post something to combat all of the wine drinking and tanning I’ve been indulging in since yesterday.

Last night’s dinner came right out of our pantry. Not wanting to run to the store, my Ma and I found 3 chicken breasts and a Tupperware container full of diced pineapple in the fridge. Inspired by a recent Pioneer Woman recipe we decided to marinate the chicken in teriyaki marinade and a ton of garlic. After letting the chicken marinate we chopped it into bit sized pieces and skewered it with the pineapple. Then we brushed the skewers with bbq sauce and grilled em up!

I know it was a good meal because the men in my family (who are immediately turned off by any kind of fruit and meat mixture) were sneaking extra pieces of chicken!

Yum, Yum, Yum. My apologies for the lack of pictures..or measurements of any kind. This recipe is pretty self explanatory and you can use whatever you have on hand.

If I hadn’t been finishing my 3rd (Let’s be honest, 5th) glass of wine as I was making dinner I probably would have marinated the chicken for at least an hour and I would have used a tangy/Asian style bbq sauce. But, such is life.

Hope you enjoyed the recipe.

Much Love,

Diana

5 comments:

  1. Who here is jealous of Diana's wine drinking?? Me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and also I'm making this ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may partake in the wine part of this post. The other parts might be too complicated for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's okay to drink s much wine as I like because it's summer. I'm not sure where that logic comes from, but it feels right so I'm sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete