Monday, June 7, 2010

Dangerously Good Peach Sangria…and other summertime indulgences

Hi Girls!

Sorry for not posting earlier. I wish I had a legitimate excuse for not posting other than a typical bout of summer laziness. But, truthfully, isn’t that what summer is all about?

Besides laziness, I do have a somewhat legitimate excuse for not posting more frequently; I have spent quite a bit of my free time getting to know the most recent love of my life.

His name is Liam and he is the blonde haired, blue eyed, 22 month old son of our new neighbors. He looks like a cherub and is too adorable. I want him.

I thought I would pass along a picture cause I know how much we all like babies!

Such a cutie.

In others news, Mike and I are breaking up so I may begin my quest to have blonde children. Seriously, though..this kid is just too cute. More pictures to follow.

Speaking of sweet, I know, I you are all going to love this sangria recipe. It’s the best I’ve ever had. It’s lighter than your typical red wine based sangria recipes and a little sweeter.

What You Need:

1 (750 milliliter) bottle of dry white wine

¾ Cup of Peach Schnapps

6 Tablespoons of frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed

¼ Cup White Sugar

One Pound of White Peaches, pitted and sliced (I used frozen peaches that I thawed)

¾ Cup Seedless red grapes, halved

¾ Cup of additional sliced fruit (I used strawberries and frozen raspberries)

1 Bottle of Spritzer(I used Diet 7-Up, but anything carbonated will work)

I know this looks like a lot of ingredients for Sangria, but TRUST ME, it comes together pretty quickly and it is absolutely worth any trouble.

How To Make It:

In a large pitcher, combine white wine, peach schnapps, lemonade concentrate and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add sliced peaches, grapes and additional fruit.

Now, take a deep breath because you are one step closer to summertime happiness.

Refrigerate the sangria until well chilled, at least 2 hours, to blend the flavors.

How To Enjoy:

When you are ready to serve, pour ¾ of a glass with sangria and top it off with your spritzer of choice. Make sure to give it a good stir to mix it all up. Top with some sliced fruit and you’re ready to go.

The best way to drink this sangria is surrounded by half-naked European soccer players, but I’ll try to be understanding if that’s not possible!

I hope you enjoy the sangria recipe. It’s a wonderful party drink and simply perfect for summer!



Much Love,

Diana


3 comments:

  1. Diana, that looks amazing. Can i please come live with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog! I'm a new author and have enjoyed this new experience. I find that it's the most difficult and most rewarding. I'm also a graphic designer and love having that creative outlet as well.
    Thanks for your post! I will be back for more updates. :-)

    Melissa Nielsen
    frommysomewhatseriousmind.blogspot.com
    www.printhis.biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Court, my door is always open and our wine rack is almost always filled :-)

    ReplyDelete