Saturday, June 12, 2010

Duty Sucks

Hi girls,

Sorry I have been M.I.A. I would leave a recipe I made recently, but I have been on duty all weekend (ICK!) and therefore my meals have consisted of PB&Js and Macaroni & Cheese.
Yes, I am in the fourth grade.

And honestly, trying to remember what I ate last week is more difficult than it should be. Taylor was in charge of dinner one night and made penne with vodka sauce and chicken. It was very good. He and Chris are all about their George Foreman and will use any excuse to whip it out. The George Foreman. Get your heads out of the gutter :-)

Their apartment is almost complete. They both have beds. They have cable. Chris is bringing a book case. So they just need rugs and a couch, and then it will begin to look like a home. But not really until everyone is here. Then it will be a home.

Oh okay, here's one. I made some roasted vegetables the other night to serve as a side. They turned out a lot better than I thought they would. On my way home from Sesame Workshop (sidebar Andrea - it's going really well so far. Thanks again for helping me get it. They all loved you! I'm the girl that knows Andrea Cody. You're a celebrity! It's pretty funny), I stopped at a fruit/vegetable street cart and bought some asparagus. I thought I would steam it, but then realized that the boys don't have the right equipment for that. So, I improvised.

- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper (You can use whatever color peppers you want. I'm all about pepper equality.)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder (you can use fresh garlic too, but I was too lazy to chop it)
- 1 tsp. rosemary (or fresh rosemary, if you have it)

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Chop up the vegetables (each asparagus stem made about three pieces). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place vegetables on top. Pour melted butter evenly over vegetables. Sprinkle seasonings over vegetables and place on top oven rack for 15-20 minutes.

Anyway, I miss you all. Heather, hope Vegas is fun. Diana, hope your trip to the BX was fun. Andrea, hope your enjoying the hot and steamy weather in Oklahoma. Courtney, have fun in Europe!

Cheers,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment